- What time does the library open and close?
- How many books can you check out?
Kindergarten - 1 book (Return it and get another book every day!)
1st Grade - 2 books
2nd Grade - 2 books and 1 magazine
3rd, 4th, & 5th Grades - 3 books, 1 magazine OR 2 books, 1 magazine, 1 audio book/Playaway*
(*Students in 3rd, 4th & 5th grade may check out only 1 audio book/Playaway at a time. The audio book counts as one book as they are more expensive.)
- How much does a new Student ID cost?
- When do students have to sign in to the library?
- What happens if a book is damaged or lost?
Things to keep away from library books
- How can parents sign up to get a library card and check out items from the library?
- How long may students keep items from the library?
- When may students come to the library?
Students in 1st & 2nd grades come for a lesson every other week.
Students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades come for a lesson as needed.
Throughout the day, teachers can send small groups of students to the library in every grade.
All students are welcome each day the library is open and available.
Students may come for research, reading, tests, and checking out and much more.
- What is the mission of our library?
- What is a flexible schedule?
The philosophy that students and teachers are able to come to the library throughout the day to use information sources when the need arises. It allows students to make better connections with information taught. This also enables time for collaboration between teacher and librarian in meeting the needs of students. It enhances curriculum integration: what's being taught in the classroom can be reinforced in the library.