What is Bluebonnet Madness?
Google Classroom - Madness
1. Students read a Bluebonnet book.
(If it has a label on the front cover of the book, they can sign the book.)
2. The student completes a Google Classroom task.
a. Add the cover of the book
b. Include a quote from the book that you like.
c. Add one sentence that explains something you liked about the book.
3. Then students come to the library
a. to sign a poster
b. to enter a raffle for a free book drawn every other week
c. to get a coupon for an extra book to check out
d. to win a prize
4. Have fun reading and let's get ready to compete!
5. Go to Battle of the Bluebonnet to find out more...
6. For every book you read & task completed, stop by the library to get a prize.
And if you're interested in some friendly class competition....
1. Choose a class to compete with and make sure they agree
2. Then begin reading.
3. Your class must be the first to finish reading 15 of this year's Bluebonnet books. Each person in your class may read no more than 2 books.
a. Only one of the books can be read over the summer.
b. One of the books has to be a novel (chapter book.)
c. Each student can only contribute by reading 2 Bluebonnet books to add to the classroom competition.
4. Once you are finished, show the form to Mrs. Grindle and your class may just win a trophy.
Sign in to google classroom and complete a slide for each book read. Then come to the library to show Mrs. Grindle or Mrs. Carpenter.